Our exceptional kindergarten program provides every opportunity to prepare your child for a positive start to their schooling years. Here, our educators strike a balance between child-initiated and teacher-led activities.
What is a Queensland government approved kindergarten program?
Approved programs are designed to meet government guidelines to support children's participation in quality early childhood education. An approved program is:
- provided to children in the year before they start Prep
- provided for 15 hrs/week for 40 weeks (equivalent to 1 school year)
- delivered by a University qualified Early Childhood Teacher
What are the benefits of a kindergarten program?
While still focusing on attentive care and play-based learning, our educators will foster your child’s natural desire to engage with educational programs for life. We deliver a School Readiness program that specialises in allowing your child to slowly adapt to the new school environment socially, emotionally and mentally before they even arrive.
This program teaches the children:
- a variety of literacy and numeracy skills
- to learn how to write their names
- identification of simple numbers and shapes
- recognition skills, such as identifying their school bags
- a range of communications skills, tools and tactics
When the time comes for Primary school, your child will be ready to spread their wings and fly.
To see our kindergarten rooms, book a tour at our centre. Alternatively, please call 1800 CHILD CARE for more information.