Our exceptional kindergarten program provides every opportunity to prepare your child for a positive start to their schooling years. Here, our educators strike a balance between child-initiated and teacher-led activities.
What is a Queensland government approved kindergarten program?
Approved programs are designed to meet government guidelines to support children's participation in quality early childhood education. An approved program is:
- provided to children in the year before they start Prep
- provided for 15 hrs/week for 40 weeks (equivalent to 1 school year)
- delivered by a University qualified Early Childhood Teacher
What are the benefits of a kindergarten program?
While still focusing on attentive care and play-based learning, our educators will foster your child’s natural desire to engage with educational programs for life. We deliver a School Readiness program that specialises in allowing your child to slowly adapt to the new school environment socially, emotionally and mentally before they even arrive.
This program teaches the children:
- a variety of literacy and numeracy skills
- to learn how to write their names
- identification of simple numbers and shapes
- recognition skills, such as identifying their school bags
- a range of communications skills, tools and tactics
When the time comes, your child will be ready to spread their wings and fly.
To see our kindergarten rooms, book a tour at our centre. Alternatively, please call 1800 CHILD CARE for more information.